Hi, I’m Mark Magana, president of Green Latinos, a national network of Latino environmental and conservation advocates. The President released a plan for the nation’s infrastructure, and it’s looking like yet another package of loopholes and giveaways for corporate polluters. It’s not the plan our communities need. Of course we need to rebuild our nation’s roads and bridges and water systems, but the progress should not prioritize corporate profits while sacrificing the health of our children. We need real investments to ensure affordable, safe, and clean water, and environmental safeguards for all our families. Unfortunately, our communities already face disproportionate impacts from pollution. Cutting environmental protections that safeguard our clean water is going to hurt communities of color the hardest. To President Trump, and to members of Congress, I ask you to stand in protection of the health of our children and their families.
- Letter to the House of Representatives Opposing HR 5895 — June 6, 2018
- Clean Water Action — Putting Drinking Water First to Address Nutrient Pollution — June 2018
- Letter to the House – Oppose Any Environmental Rollbacks in the Water Resources Development Act of 2018
- Oppose the Dirty Water Rider (Clean Water Rule Repeal) on HR 5895 — June 2018
- States Need to Go Back to the Well and Leverage SRF Dollars