Hi, I’m Mark Magana, president of Green Latinos, a national network of Latino environmental and conservation advocates. The President released a plan for the nation’s infrastructure, and it’s looking like yet another package of loopholes and giveaways for corporate polluters. It’s not the plan our communities need. Of course we need to rebuild our nation’s roads and bridges and water systems, but the progress should not prioritize corporate profits while sacrificing the health of our children. We need real investments to ensure affordable, safe, and clean water, and environmental safeguards for all our families. Unfortunately, our communities already face disproportionate impacts from pollution. Cutting environmental protections that safeguard our clean water is going to hurt communities of color the hardest. To President Trump, and to members of Congress, I ask you to stand in protection of the health of our children and their families.
- What Advocates are Saying About the Omnibus Bill
- Clean Water Action – Congress comes to its senses for a moment, rejects Trump’s dangerous budget proposal
- LCV Statement on Omnibus Spending Bill
- Green for All – The release of the Omnibus spending bill for fiscal year 2018 is a clear win for protecting public health and the environment
- NPCA – Omnibus Proposal a Boost for National Parks